POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Which reflection models does PovRay use? : Re: Which reflection models does PovRay use? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which reflection models does PovRay use?
From: Stephen
Date: 2 May 2017 04:19:29
Message: <59084111$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/2/2017 4:52 AM, Alain wrote:
> Le 17-05-01 à 05:40, Stephen a écrit :
>> I am comparing the output of Blender’s PovRay exporter with Blender’s
>> internal renderer. So to compare like with like I want to set the
>> Blender material to what PovRay uses.
>> These are the Blender models.
>>
>> Diffuse
>>       Fresnel
>>       Minnaert
>>       Toon
>>       Oren-Nayar
>>       Lambert
>>
>> Specular
>>       Wardlso
>>       Toon
>>       Blinn
>>       Phong
>>       CookTorr
>>

> "Toon" invoque rather flat tones. Use a low brilliance, from zero to 0.2.
> "blinn" is probably similar to specular highlight.

Thanks for the reply, Alain.

My question was badly formatted. Both in layout and style, sorry.
The list above are the options I have in Blender.

Thinking about it. I'll stop being lazy and do some testing. That will
give me a better understanding of Blender's shaders. It should throw
some light on my confusion of how Blender does things.

--

Regards
     Stephen