POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Egg : Re: Egg Server Time
3 May 2024 18:52:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Egg
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Apr 2017 07:05:46
Message: <5905c50a@news.povray.org>
On 30-4-2017 9:48, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> In fact, the differences are more subtle. For the cube, compare the
> shadows of dragon and egg: their edges show the stone's translucency. In
> my next render I hope to show this better.

In this render:

- Dragon: no SSLT
- Floor: no SSLT
- Cube: SSLT with 5*translucency vector (was 2* in earlier example)
- Egg: SSLT with 3*translucency vector (was 2* in earlier example)

The cube is showing markedly more translucency in the shadows cast on
it. I see not much difference in the egg, although if I increase the
translucency exaggeratedly (*100 for instance) the effect becomes distorted.

Question: In the wiki about SSLT it is said: "The effect doesn't scale
with the object". Does this mean that SSLT works in the same way as a
scattering media where the amount of scattering has to be compensated
for the amount of media object's scale? It appears so to me at least
although this is not mentioned in the wiki.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: