POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : csg woes : Re: csg woes Server Time
18 Apr 2024 05:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg woes
From: dick balaska
Date: 30 Apr 2017 00:56:40
Message: <59056e88$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-04-28 03:52, also sprach Thomas de Groot:
> On 28-4-2017 9:03, dick balaska wrote:
>> I have a weird simple csg error that I'm missing the solution to.
>> I'm trying to make a TV with rounded corners for the picture tube.
>> Seems simple enough.
>> union {
>>    difference {
>>       tvBox
>>       tvTubeCutout
>>    }
>>    rectangle_with_image_to_stick_in_TV
>> }
>>
>> but my rounded corners, inside corners for the screen are not working.
>> Can someone take a look?
>>

> Because you are using 'merge'? Replace by 'union' and all will be well.
>
> If not applied on transparent objects, merge should be avoided as it
> also is slower than union.

Thanks. That was it.  I had switched it from union to merge; I was
getting weird coincidence errors on the main outer box. They've gone
away too.
(I think I was doing union {box {color Red} box {color Red}} instead of
union {box {} box {} color Red}
)

Weird that merge has that issue. I would think it shouldn't matter for
this application, just be slower.

--
dik