POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem! : Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:42:25 EDT (-0400)
  Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem!
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 29 Apr 2017 20:05:07
Message: <59052a33@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

I started to model the building blocks of a Swiss-made marble lane
system... when I came to an elongated block with a serpentine-shaped
marble track on top, I chose to use a cubic sphere to create the
hollow... but it resulted in heavy artifacts (object on the extreme
right of the scene attached). I tried various tolerance values - but
nothing removed those artifacts! Here is the code:

#declare T_Beech =
texture
{
   pigment { color rgb <0.6, 0.55, 0.45> }
   finish { ambient 0.1 diffuse 1 brilliance 0.4 }
}

#declare Cube =
box
{
   0, 0.05
   texture { T_Beech }
}

#declare HalfCube =
object
{
   Cube
   scale <1, 0.5, 1>
}

#declare HalfCube_Triple =
object { HalfCube scale <1, 1, 3> }

#declare Serpentine =
sphere_sweep
{
   cubic_spline
   8
   <0.025, 0.025, -0.02>, 0.05/6
   <0.025, 0.025, 0>, 0.05/6
   <0.021, 0.025, 0.02>, 0.05/6
   <0.012, 0.025, 0.05>, 0.05/6
   <0.038, 0.025, 0.10>, 0.05/6
   <0.029, 0.025, 0.13>, 0.05/6
   <0.025,  0.025, 0.15>, 0.05/6
   <0.025, 0.025,  0.17>, 0.05/6
   texture { T_Beech }
}

#declare KL =
difference
{
   object { HalfCube_Triple }
   object { Serpentine }
}

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2017-04-30 cugolino, take 1.jpg' (41 KB)

Preview of image '2017-04-30 cugolino, take 1.jpg'
2017-04-30 cugolino, take 1.jpg