POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Egg : Re: Egg Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Egg
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 26 Apr 2017 09:42:06
Message: <5900a3ae$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 26.04.2017 13:21, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Recently, I found a blackbird eggshell and wanted to model its texture.
> It gave me the opportunity to play again with some (UberPOV) settings I
> like and using subsurface scattering throughout the scene.
>
> So, here we are with all objects showing subsurface scattering.
>
> UberPOV antialiasing set at +am3 +a0.01 +ac0.90 +r3 and using no_cache.
> 2h20' render time with 6 cores. This would be much longer if using
> +ac0.99 of course.

A dragon's egg... and when reading your subject, I initially thought (or
better, hoped!) you tried to render the same-named neutron star of the
cheela!

That would be a cool project... but I would postpone it until I acquired
reliable knowledge of spectral rendering, as to humans, the Egg is
white-hot at about 9000 K, and any features on its surface are only
discernible when viewed through cheela eyes!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Under the Orangish Sky (Michael Garrison)