POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5?? : Re: POV 3.5?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5??
From: Pete
Date: 10 Aug 2001 21:14:29
Message: <590.620T1574T13814567PeterC@nym.alias.net>
>"Nekar Xenos" <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote :
>>
>> In that case, why are ther still some people that don't use MegaPov? I had
>> change my sig from MegaPov to Pov because of that...

I use regular POV-RAY for two reasons:

 (1) There is no Amiga MEGA-POV so to be able to move pov stuff
     between windows and Amiga without a hassle, I use only
     the Official version of POV-Ray when on windows.
 (2) I suspect strongly that most Mega POV .pov code will break
     in Official POV-Ray 3.5.  Betcha the syntax for isosurfaces is
     different between  3.5 and mega pov.

Pete