POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planetoid Experiment : Re: Planetoid Experiment Server Time
4 May 2024 07:44:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planetoid Experiment
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 25 Apr 2017 10:19:17
Message: <58ff5ae5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 13.04.2017 06:27, Pekka Aho wrote:
> To add a bit just in case. This is, afterall, science fiction. Just a humble
> little game project of mine. My creation, thus my decisions. ;)
>
> I'm a man of science, and I'm also a big fan of sci-fi. Especially Star Trek
> (TOS & TNG), Babylon 5, Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (orig. & remake). For
> readings I've always liked a bit different stuff though, mainly H.P. Lovecraft
> and Terry Pratchett.

What about Robert L. Forward? Hard sci-fi at its best... Dragon's Egg is
among the best I've ever read - and IMHO a number one candidate for
adapting it as a POV-Ray/Blender animation movie! Or at least for some
still scenes, for example the first sighting of "Bright" (our sun) by
the Cheela...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Mystical Machine Gun (Kula Shaker)