POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflectance of 3D canopy : Re: Reflectance of 3D canopy Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflectance of 3D canopy
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Apr 2017 11:28:14
Message: <58e26a0e$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/03/2017 10:14 AM, muyu wrote:

> Great thanks again.
>
> Shouyang

Just thinking aloud and perhaps you've covered it with Christoph at some
point, but there is both the angle of the light original & derived rays
relative to the surface and the camera ray angle relative to the
surface. Are you using a perspective camera or an orthogonal one?

My instinct would be to measure via an orthogonal ground camera up into
the canopy representation for some area below the canopy unless you are
trying to match some specification for the camera from your reference
set up and result.

I wonder some too about the edges, the range, of your canopy discs given
you are sometimes setting the parallel light source at some offset
angle. In other words are you sure light is not bleeding in faster at
the edges of the representation when the light isn't perpendicular to
your canopy representation and measurement plane?

Bill P.