POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Betas cannot process some .ini files : Re: Betas cannot process some .ini files Server Time
28 Apr 2024 13:45:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Betas cannot process some .ini files
From: clipka
Date: 30 Mar 2017 09:25:47
Message: <58dd075b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.03.2017 um 05:18 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> The 3.7.1 betas cannot find .ini files that are not in the current
> directory but are in the library path.  The master povray.ini is read
> normally, and the message window shows that the library path directories
> declared therein are established.  Scene files and font files are
> located without problem; it is only the .ini files that are not processed.
>
> In at least one case, I can get 3.7.1 to process the .ini file by
> specifying a relative or absolute path.  The file in its entirety is
> below, save my redacted directory structure (beware of the wrapped
> comment line):

The contents of INI files POV-Ray can't find in the first place are
pretty irrelevant. Instead, please be more specific about your
povray.ini setup, and the command-line arguments you use to invoke
POV-Ray. It might also be necessary to disclose the [REDACTED] portion
of your directory tree, at least structurally (feel free to obfuscate
the actual "words"; but make sure the problem isn't with some typo in
that portion).

> UberPOV-1.37.1.1-alpha.8871946 also has this problem.  As I didn't
> discover this prior to beta 2, I cannot estimate when the problem was
> introduced.

How's 3.7.0 doing in this respect?