POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:05:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released
From: clipka
Date: 28 Mar 2017 09:22:41
Message: <58da63a1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.03.2017 um 01:30 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Okay, I installed as administrator instead. But now when I try to run
> the program I get this error instead.

Some portions of POV-Ray are installed globally (e.g. the binaries and
the help file), but others are installed for each user individually
(e.g. the sample scenes and standard include files).

When installing as administrator, the global stuff is installed
normally, but the per-user stuff is only installed for the admin.

Go to the directory where you installed the beta, SHIFT+RightClick on
the "bin" directory, open command prompt.

Presuming you're using the 64-bit version, type

    pvengine64.exe /INSTALL

This will install the per-user stuff for you as well.