POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stranger Moon : Re: Stranger Moon Server Time
4 May 2024 13:54:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger Moon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Mar 2017 03:50:50
Message: <58cb955a$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-3-2017 15:22, David Buck wrote:
> On 2017-03-16 8:05 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> Realism is over rated.
>>>

>> Yes. It is very much 20th century's.
>>

> I wish I could somehow stand on that beach and look up into that sky. It
> looks phenomenal.  I wonder what it would take to render a version that
> can be used with an Oculus or GearVR.
>
> BTW, this is my new desktop background image.
>
> David

Thank you indeed, David! I am truly honoured.

For an Oculus view, there should more to see than just the image.
Ideally, the viewer should stand in the centre of the landscape. Here,
there are several limitations, not the least being the star scape which
is only a vertical plane. I chose that option to limit excessive
deformation of the Apophysis flame in a spherical projection. So, the
scene would need to be re-thought profoundly. Not impossible but a
serious overhaul indeed.

I have some free time so, if we can charter an ftl ship, we may be able
to assemble quite crew to go and explore. :-)

[in the meantime, working towards version 2...]

--
Thomas