POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stranger Moon : Re: Stranger Moon Server Time
18 May 2024 09:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger Moon
From: clipka
Date: 15 Mar 2017 14:09:40
Message: <58c98364$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.03.2017 um 13:23 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Yes indeed. I intend to add some brighter stars. Otherwise, the idea is
> that we are in a part of the galaxy much brighter than our own and that
> star clusters are also visible in daylight, like in this image. The
> 'moon' is intended to be in a much earlier phase of development with
> lava fields and impacts highlighted.

Fun fact: Contrary to popular belief, celestial structures whose
apparent size exceeds the resolution of an image sensor (eye, camera or
whatever) do /not/ exhibit an increase in "pixel brightness" as you get
closer(*). They just exhibit an increase in apparent size.

(*Unless you traverse dust clouds as you approach.)