POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stranger Moon : Re: Stranger Moon Server Time
18 May 2024 05:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger Moon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Mar 2017 08:23:20
Message: <58c93238@news.povray.org>
On 15-3-2017 9:23, Mr wrote:

> This is a good idea that was not yet readable: no one can honestly tell you yet
> that they look like star fields rather than clouds, despite what is realistic or
> not... Maybe some really brighter stars with streaks would help, ideally the
> "foreground one" with asteroid belt would be even more brilliant since closer
> and have more streaks... The problem you face is we're reading the picture from
> what we know and the only such cloudy star field visible to the human eye is the
> milky way. If it can be of some inspiration, the sky needs to be just dark
> enough for it to appear.

Yes indeed. I intend to add some brighter stars. Otherwise, the idea is
that we are in a part of the galaxy much brighter than our own and that
star clusters are also visible in daylight, like in this image. The
'moon' is intended to be in a much earlier phase of development with
lava fields and impacts highlighted.

Oh well, this is a work of imagination ;-)  No intention to mimic
reality, although I would like to own an FTL ship and go exploring to
see what it really looks like. Maybe I should contact our local
Puppeteer* ...

*Alien species created by Larry Niven and owners of the hyperdrive shunt.

--
Thomas