POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stranger Moon : Re: Stranger Moon Server Time
18 May 2024 05:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger Moon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Mar 2017 08:15:07
Message: <58c9304b$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-3-2017 9:10, Mr wrote:

>>> Regardless, some post-processing can add to the aesthetic
>>>

>> Lol! Which is not really what I personally like. Too garish to my taste,
>> but good try nonetheless. :-)
>>
>> Wait for next version.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> me neither, original output was more natural but I agree it did lack some
> contrast.

Let me elaborate a bit more on this topic. I think that high-contrast,
colourful views are 'dictated' by our daily confrontation with what
television shows us of the natural world. More often than not, it is
shown as more colourful than is really the case by well-chosen camera
views and selective editing of them. Nature is often much more subdued
in colour with a softer chromatic scale and only some stronger highlights.

However, I realise that living in NL also influences my perception. The
light is soft most of the time.

Again, next version will show some changes.

--
Thomas