POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hard_object, soft_object pattern 3.7.2 patch branch. : Re: hard_object, soft_object pattern 3.7.2 patch branch. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hard_object, soft_object pattern 3.7.2 patch branch.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Mar 2017 13:27:30
Message: <58bc5892$1@news.povray.org>
> I've posted the full code for an example to p.b.scene-files. The
> resultant image is attached. It shows too some of the shortcomings of
> density-based vs what a real proximity pattern might do.

I'll admit, I have no idea what "short comings" I am looking at, since,
this looks really neat. Like, someone painted the thing blue, then
yellow, then bright pink, then it spent enough time in some sort of
abrasive conditions so as to strip the paint, except where well
protected, back to yellow, then finally the original blue, along the
much more exposed edges.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get