POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
19 May 2024 22:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Feb 2017 07:57:38
Message: <58b573c2@news.povray.org>
Investigating further into version 4. Attached is (1) a new version of
one of the previous height_fields, with more blur applied; (2) the
rendered landscape with streams. There are a couple of instances where
the ponding is showing its edge when the surface dips too steeply away
(I guess): foreground left and right (look at the shadows).

[I still cannot understand what makes the "water pillars" shown in
previous images. Maybe to do with completely flat surfaces and the
edges? I am not sure where to look in the code to get a true grip on them.]

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wilbur_weatheredchasm_02.png' (375 KB) Download 'ka_water4.jpg' (183 KB)

Preview of image 'wilbur_weatheredchasm_02.png'
wilbur_weatheredchasm_02.png

Preview of image 'ka_water4.jpg'
ka_water4.jpg