POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
19 May 2024 20:43:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Feb 2017 07:47:40
Message: <58ad886c@news.povray.org>
On 22-2-2017 13:17, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> This version does interesting things, different from the previous one. I
> am not entirely sure if it solves the problem and I need to investigate
> further.

I think it is worthwhile to re-think the random starting point code as
the existing one has not a coverage including the complete terrain.

I use RRand() from rand.inc (to be included into the scene) in the
following manner:

First, add the following lines after the height_field making:

#declare Min = min_extent(Terrain);
#declare Max = max_extent(Terrain);

Then replace the line:

   #declare Pos = trace(ThisTerrain, <rand(r)-.55, 10*Flattening,
rand(r)-.55>*0.9*TS, -y);

by:

   #declare Pos = trace(ThisTerrain, <RRand(Min.x, Max.x, r),
10*Flattening, RRand(Min.z, Max.z, r)>, -y);

The result is shown in the attached image, searching for 100 streams I
commented out the black cones).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message