POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:39:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Feb 2017 17:17:04
Message: <58a381e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/14/2017 9:48 PM, Kirk Andrews wrote:
>> Isn't that what water does in RL?
>> It looks good.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> Well, I suppose to really get it down we'd probably want to factor in some
> inertia.

No, to get the water down you just need gravity. :-)
Seriously, Would you intend to make close ups or an animation? These
landscapes are generally quite static over short time spans. (I am sure
Thomas might have an opinion.)

It actually gives me an impression of the Scottish Highlands with
interconnected lochs. It can't be because the sun is shining and it
doesn't look cold. ;-)
I like the pattern of vegetation as well.
How long did it take to parse and render?

--

Regards
     Stephen