POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash in origin/master : Re: crash in origin/master Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:06:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash in origin/master
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Feb 2017 08:27:15
Message: <58a305b3$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/13/2017 04:40 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> A good suggestion - thanks.
>
> Let me try again to get some kind of debug version which seg faults -
> otherwise...
>
> (Saw your comment Dick & thought I tried -O3 with debug symbols, but was
> running lots of various compiles this morning so maybe I slipped up.)
>
> Bill P.

After chasing a good many ghosts, this turns out to be another thread
stack size issue. A stack overrun was causing the various strange results.

Posted a fix at: https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/235 against the
3.7.1 release branch.

Note the AppVeyor build checks for the pull req are failing due a VS2015
license expiring - ignore the red 'x'.

Bill P.