POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash in origin/master : Re: crash in origin/master Server Time
28 Apr 2024 23:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash in origin/master
From: dick balaska
Date: 13 Feb 2017 14:26:07
Message: <58a2084f@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-02-13 14:03, also sprach clipka:

> Good question. I haven't been able to trigger an error on Windows
> either; neither with frame 4 (as suggested by the ini file provided by
> Dick) nor with any frame from 1 to 153. And I don't think it makes much
> sense to try the remaining 3000 frames of the animation.

frame 4 was just the first frame that included those objects. I may have
even ripped that logic out.  You won't get much else out of that code.
I trimmed 175 source files down to 27 for this exercise.
I did strip the haus down to just the second floor (first floor!) and
foundation; it might be funny to see what that actually looks like. ;)
I see no value in other frames. The tree is likely to parse out the same
way for each frame.

I, too, have not been able to trigger an error on Windows.

--
dik