POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What to do with walls. : Re: What to do with walls. Server Time
2 May 2024 13:48:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What to do with walls.
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Feb 2017 03:03:30
Message: <58a016d2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/12/2017 12:48 AM, Klewlis wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
>> them down. It is quite fun.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> Blender Physics?  This is an outside program?  Not part of POV-Ray?
>
> Klewlis

Yes it is a free program with suit of modelling/animation modules and more.

https://www.blender.org/

There is a team developing a PovRay exporter to render directly using
PovRay.
Blender Physics is an implementation of Bullet Physics.
http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

In the first animation I exported all of the Blender objects and
converted the OBJ files to Mesh2 using PoseRay. Then I rendered them in
Pov. The other couple of animations were done using Blender's internal
renderer.

--

Regards
     Stephen