POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : grouping objects for transforms : Re: grouping objects for transforms Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:54:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grouping objects for transforms
From: clipka
Date: 5 Feb 2017 11:47:22
Message: <5897571a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.02.2017 um 15:15 schrieb Klewlis:
> For my animation, I want to place several objects in my scene individually,
> group them somehow and perform transform operations on the entire group.
> #declare groups the objects, but then I have to insert all objects as one unit.
> Is there a way to create a group as you place the items in one at a time?

Nope.

Depending on what exactly you want to do, you might want to try
pre-defining the particular transform, and then applying it to multiple
objects:

    #declare MyTrans = transform {
      rotate x*-90
      scale <2,3,4>
    }

    object { Foo
      transform { MyTrans }
    }

    object { Bar
      transform { MyTrans }
    }

Note however that this probably doesn't give the intended result if one
of the objects is part of a CSG compound that itself is subject to some
transformation.