POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with new aoi demo scene. : Re: Playing with new aoi demo scene. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with new aoi demo scene.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 26 Jan 2017 18:28:18
Message: <588a8612$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/26/2017 03:02 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 26.01.2017 um 19:27 schrieb William F Pokorny:
>> An aoi.pov demo scene was recently added to 3.7.1 and I've been having
>> fun playing with derivatives of it. Attaching one of the resultant
>> images I thought neat.
>
> I always love to see the Penrose tiling pattern at work.
>
> How did you distort it? Just some turbulence with the right parameters,
> or is there something more sinister at work?

Yes, as simple as some turbulence whacking the tiling pattern (27) about
- which distorts the isosurface based upon it. The rest is left to the
aoi pattern as in the original aoi.pov demo scene. Oh, I added
'blend_mode 2 blend_gamma 2.5' to the isosurface aoi color_map to make
the turbulence more distinct.

Bill P.