POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bright specks intersecting media objects : Re: bright specks intersecting media objects Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:41:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bright specks intersecting media objects
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jan 2017 23:18:16
Message: <586dc908@news.povray.org>
Am 04.01.2017 um 13:50 schrieb omniverse:
> Couldn't find a solution to this problem by changing media parameters so I
> wonder if it's possible to remove these specks at all or if there's a bug in the
> media code.

Looks like a coincident surfaces problem to me: When a ray hits the
surface of one of the boxes, and very shortly thereafter the surface of
the other one, POV-Ray may miss that second intersection, and lose track
whether it is inside or outside that box. In such cases, POV-Ray might
erroneously come to the conclusion that the interior of the box
(including the media) extends to infinity.

If that is the case, then increasing the overall scale of the scene
should do some good.