POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Finish-level Fresnel : Re: Finish-level Fresnel Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finish-level Fresnel
From: clipka
Date: 21 Dec 2016 23:59:27
Message: <585b5daf$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.12.2016 um 02:45 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 12/21/2016 6:08 PM, clipka wrote:
>>>
>>> good thing i'm /going with the flow/ ... i've touched this waaaay too
>>> many times to justify my further involvement with the issues on this
>>> page. btw: look at the old page and see that i've /done/ a lot to clean
>>> up the one big gigantic run one sentence that this page /was/ before i
>>> got hold of it
>>
>> Care to define "old" page?
>
> what was released @ 3.7

To be honest, I don't really see any major changes to the Finish page
between the first import to the Wiki and today, with the sole exception
of the cleanup of ambient/emission and the reflection exponent stuff.

You sure are thinking of some other page there, right?

>>> this is a side-effect of the half-baked reference re-sectioning that i
>>> was opposed to at 3.7 release ... added __NOTOC__ to suppress table of
>>> contents
>>
>> ... which now makes the thing inconsistent with the other pages (e.g.
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Light_Source). Meh.
>
> you griped and i responded ... the ___NOTOC___ wiki markup appears in
> more than several pages even had to create a filter in wikidocgen to
> remove from the content because it's /not/ html

... and I'm speaking out loud what I think of it. I didn't gripe because
of the presence of a TOC 2 pages down the text, but because it took 2
pages of scrolling to get to those TOC, and because of the length and
content of those 2 pages.

>> With the pages on the Wiki being as long as they are, I'd really love to
>> have a TOC in there. Preferably high up on the page. Maybe the simplest
>> way to achieve this would be to insert a heading before the syntax pane
>> on all those pages. (If that sits well with you, but you don't want to
>> be burdened with the work, let me know and I'll do the edits.)
>
> wiki only creates TOC in pages with more than 3 headings ...

Any way to force it to? Maybe a "__TOC__"?

Also, if a page has just 3 headings but is long enough that the reader
would wish for a TOC, then maybe that page would deserve more structuring?