POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Quite Right : Re: Not Quite Right Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:43:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Quite Right
From: clipka
Date: 5 Dec 2016 02:02:51
Message: <5845111b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.12.2016 um 06:56 schrieb omniverse:
>> I /think/ I might have broken something - this render of the benchmark
>> scene doesn't looks quite right... >_<
>
> heh, well, only way I can get that same thing is by commenting out everything
> after the fog statement. If that was the reason it's more like a scene deletion
> than a bug!  :)

No, I'm currently refactoring the bounding hierarchy code. So I'm quite
sure I've taught POV-Ray to utterly fail to look up any objects in the
bounding box tree. Or the BSP tree if +BM2 is used. Or the simple list
of objects when +BM0 is used.

Which in a sense means I'm on the right track: Until now all the three
modes used completely different code. Now I've made them completely
interchangeable, hiding behind a common interface.

So the fact that I get the same broken picture regardless of the +BMn
setting means that the implementations of the different bounding
hierarchies have been adapted to the new interface consistently; and
that the render engine does indeed consistently use the new common
interface... just not /correctly/ ;)