POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 'n' Roll: building the railings : Re: POV 'n' Roll: building the railings Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 'n' Roll: building the railings
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 5 Dec 2016 00:42:22
Message: <5844fe3e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 05.12.2016 06:18, omniverse wrote:

> Some confusion here, I believe. I meant the old game probably didn't have any AA
> due to a lack of smooth curves in the grid-like pixels and the low display
> resolution. I was only guessing anyhow.

Even this is a little bit more complicated - of course, the original
Amiga game did not use any anti-aliasing as it ran not in HAM (4096
colors), but only in 16- or perhaps 32-color mode, where there aren't
simply enough colors available to do this.

Originally, I got the idea of a 3D animation of Rock 'n' Roll while
staying with my friend Micha who runs the UAE under Windows 7. Unlike
the Linux version, the Windows version does not use anti-aliasing by
default, so the screenshot mosaic I started to stitch together looks
"low-res" - also because I doubled the size of the UAE window.

Back home, when I continued the work at the screenshot mosaic, I found
that I also had to install the Windows version on my second operating
system (also Windows 7), as non-antialised screenshot allowed more
precise measuring...

And, no, I don't want the 3D animation to look like it was running on an
Amiga!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar