POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I've seen the light! : Re: I've seen the light! Server Time
1 May 2024 06:54:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've seen the light!
From: clipka
Date: 3 Dec 2016 11:16:52
Message: <5842eff4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.12.2016 um 16:11 schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
>> (many things)
>
> (many other things)
>
> But I digress...

You don't say! ;D

> (yet some more things)
>
> Folks will be able to add new algos for rendering pipeline, effects, domain
> scripting languages and essentially any and everything.

Indeed. Though I would be happy enough if for starters this could be
done at compile-time.

If some day folks studying computer graphics at Cornell would be
introduced to the various raytracing approaches by letting them toy
around with POV-Ray, and a typical homework assignment would be to
shuffle the basic building blocks of POV-Ray (which uses so-called
backward ray tracing) to turn it into a forward ray tracer just for
giggles (while still retaining its capability to render arbitrary
POV-Ray scenes of course), that would be enough to make my day.