POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I've seen the light! : Re: I've seen the light! Server Time
30 Apr 2024 21:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've seen the light!
From: Alain
Date: 2 Dec 2016 11:50:58
Message: <5841a672$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Apple II: 280 x 192 (effective color resolution 140 x 192), 6 colors
>>>

>> It have two graphic modes, low res and high res.
>> You describe the hires mode.
>> Low res is 40 x 48 in 16 colours.
>
> Sounds like an abused text mode to me (40x24 characters, using 2-block
> graphic characters and per-character foreground/background colours).

some text into the graphic area and actually change the graphic, or plot
some dots into your text to get some weird changes in the displayed
text. Bits 0-3 stood for the bottom part and bits 4-7 for the top part.
As the text was strictly black and white, upper case only, there was no
foreground/background play. Text could be writen in normal (white on
black), inverse and flash, or blink mode. Inverse was triggered by
turning bit 7 on, and flash, IIRC, with bit 7 off and bit 6 on, but not
for punctuation and special characters.

I still have my Apple ][+ 48K, with all it's documentation.

Alain