POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : L*C*h(uv) color solid : Re: L*C*h(uv) color solid Server Time
28 Sep 2024 12:55:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L*C*h(uv) color solid
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 28 Nov 2016 03:33:52
Message: <583bebf0$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/28/2016 3:23 AM, scott wrote:
> Also it would be surprising to me if the
> human visual range came out exactly as a cylinder (after a brief glance
> of the maths involved), are you sure about this?

The human visual range has a very irregular shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cie_Chart_with_sRGB_gamut_by_spigget.png

There's a lot of blank empty space around it in every color space. (The
one in the picture is called CIExyY I think.

I would like to learn how to plot this irregular shape in the near future.

Mike