POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : function select logic : Re: function select logic Server Time
2 May 2024 20:06:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function select logic
From: clipka
Date: 23 Nov 2016 18:39:51
Message: <583628c7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.11.2016 um 00:28 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 11/23/2016 1:59 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> I have the following three functions:
>>
>> #declare correctRGB_R = function(R,G,B) {min(max(R,0),1)}
>> #declare correctRGB_G = function(R,G,B) {min(max(G,0),1)}
>> #declare correctRGB_B = function(R,G,B) {min(max(B,0),1)}
>>
>> They each process input and output one component of an R,G,B color
>> vector.
>>
>> However, instead of the above, I want the entire vector discarded if
>> *any* of R, G or B is less than zero or greater than one.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to form the select statement. What is the best way to
>> do this?
>>
>> Mike
>
> Here is the code I came up with:

And do you have any idea what it actually does? ;)
Because I have a hunch you're still struggling with the basic concepts
you're trying to employ.

My recommendation would be to toy around with the isosurface tutorial a
bit, to get a better understanding of what isosurfaces actually do,
before you try to apply them to your problem.