POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Unix debugging expertise needed : Re: Unix debugging expertise needed Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix debugging expertise needed
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Nov 2016 04:02:05
Message: <5832b80d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19/11/2016 à 12:11, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 18/11/2016 à 14:44, clipka a écrit :
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
>> POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
>> their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
>> and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:
>>
>> https://github.com/eblanca/povray
>>
>> Your help would be much appreciated.
>>

> Can do, have to wait till Monday (guess where it is)

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's working, at least with -D option:
* ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
* g++ 4.6(.3)
* 64 bits system (x86_64)

-D is due to my local setting (X11 remote display is not setup to allow
this machine to display on my screen)

With +D (or default), I got a core dumped. (but it seems unrelated to
that branch and might be a problem for all branches)

With DISPLAY not defined, it's strange: there is an ascii preview, then
statistic and the telnet/shell is frozen. (yet, probably still the same
for all branches)

unix/povray --benchmark : ok
unix/povray with small scene (3.7, 1 sphere) : ok