POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Some existing uv_mapping flipped. Porting Cylinder, cone uv_mapping. : Re: Some existing uv_mapping flipped. PortingCylinder,coneuv_mapping. Server Time
27 Apr 2024 02:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some existing uv_mapping flipped. PortingCylinder,coneuv_mapping.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 16 Nov 2016 09:42:56
Message: <582c7070@news.povray.org>
On 11/01/2016 08:25 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 31/10/2016 à 15:25, William F Pokorny a écrit :
>
> I'm going to change cylinder, cone, ovus and lemon to join the sphere
> (left handed for text reading...),
> and I wonder if the torus should be "corrected" or remain a curiosity
> like box.

I see you've made these changes in hgpovray and left the torus as is.

As for POV-Ray proper Christoph has decided to leave the torus mapping
as is in the main line POV-Ray versions so we are aligned.

I'll suggest we add a note for the torus that the uv_mapping is reversed
from all others in U when we update the documentation to add the new
cone and cylinder mapping. Perhaps save others some confusion.

Thanks,
Bill P.