POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:40:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: David Buck
Date: 15 Nov 2016 16:06:54
Message: <582b78ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 2016-11-15 3:53 PM, [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
> ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>>> Maybe someone should get involved with Blender UI development, and
>>> implement an alternative UI for noobs, exposing only a subset of the
>>> features, [...]
>>
>> one "GUI" for one task, blend out everything else. Push all GUI elements
>> to a second screen.
>>
>> Ingo
>>

> The blender UI, rumor had it long ago, was intentionally (or
> retro-intentionally) obfuscated in order to fund the app by selling manuals
> and such. At least that was the rumor years ago, and after using it
> (well...trying to) I could totally buy that conjecture. ;D
>
> Or it could have been a consequence of design-by-committee. :p
>
> I have not attempted to do so in years though, and based on the
> conversation here perhaps it is time I did.
>
> My ideal UI would be like TrueSpace 3 + Bryce + Houdini.
> Hell, Houdini is frankly in my opinion perfect. I just cannot afford it,
> though there is a free version and a cheap version I like to own full
> versions, so Lightwave haha!
>
> Ian

Funny you should mention TrueSpace. I met up with the author and founder
of the company - Roman Ormandy.  We discussed having me write a new
rendering back-end for TrueSpace to allow for raytracing and other
things.  We never started on the project but it was great meeting him.
We both admired each others' work.

David Buck