POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Nov 2016 04:01:59
Message: <582acf07$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-11-2016 9:52, Stephen wrote:
>> Yes, I know, but I understand that this is embedded in Blender, isn't
>> it? So, is that not a problem for those not familiar with Blender?
>

> I would love to see what LanuHum's translator makes of that last
> sentence. ;-)

Oh dear, yes, I am sorry for that! ;-)

> The problem with Blender is that it is so big and it takes a lot of time
> to get to the point where you don't have to think about how to do
> things. But I can see that it will be worthwhile.
>
> And the Z-axis is up. :(

My own thoughts were originally going towards a dedicated tool,
specifically built for POV-Ray, like Moray was. I am starting to realise
that that may not be the smart way to go at all. As has been mentioned
here, Blender might be the solution. However like you, I am afraid it
may represent a serious hurdle to take before even reaching the POV-Ray
application.

--
Thomas