POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:45:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 14 Nov 2016 23:37:06
Message: <582a90f2@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Enropy] wrote:

> I hate the
> imprecision of most 3d software I have tried. I suppose I have some degree
> of OCD going on because that imprecision bothers the heck out of me.

I have a Big Giant Truckload of OCD going on and that imprecision is
_precisely_ what bothers me.

OCD and I are old friends.  We have reached an agreement.  Whenever I
find myself starting to count, I instead start to sing (preferably
subvocally, out of consideration for the rest of the world).  I don't
REALLY know how many steps it is from the front door of my house to the
driver's door of my car, because that would be creepy.*

But deliberate imprecision...???  When precision is readily available...???

The human fingertip makes a really crappy mouse cursor.  It doesn't have
a hotspot marked, and it obscures the point of contact just as a basic
factor of its structure.  And there's a keyboard with a number pad on it
RIGHT THERE...

So.....one million bonus points to whoever remembers the name of that
Asimov story about the little genius boy who could do simple arithmetic
without a calculator, since I think it sort of applies to this issue.

--Sherry Shaw

* 43, unless I park funny.  OH, GACK!  "The ants go marching one by one,
hurrah, hurrah.  The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah..."

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+