POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Head Pose : Re: Head Pose Server Time
4 May 2024 06:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Head Pose
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 14 Nov 2016 11:15:30
Message: <5829e322$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

William F Pokorny writes:
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> I have a webcam on my Vaio ... I've moved my head in front of the
>> camera, extracted the pose of the head with projective transform
>> parameters, and re-injected those parameters in POV-ray in order to
>> move a "virtual head" rendered with it. This give the video :
>>
>> <http://hebergement.u-psud.fr/lecoat/camera_fixe.mp4>
>>
>> Does somebody already seen that kind of demonstration results ?
>>
> Neat! I do not recall seeing this sort of camera to model coupling bein
> accomplished with POV-Ray.

The processing is only based on computer vision and image processing,
with one webcam. I obtained the parameters of the movement with image
registration and an original projective model. I don't think this
result can be obtained without the POV-Ray scripting capabilities.

Best regards,

--

<http://hebergement.u-psud.fr/lecoat/>