POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : torus arrows : Re: torus arrows Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: torus arrows
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Nov 2016 06:10:10
Message: <5825a712$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/11/2016 1:09 AM, isuc60 wrote:
> Here is my first pov file. If you render it, you will find that the arrows that
> I have for the moment are not entirely straightforward, because of "difference"
> commend cutoff. I really struggle a lot on this since I could not find an easy
> to know what the box should be.
>
> I wonder whether you have some idea or can modify my following script, so my
> script does not have this problem.

Hi
I do not understand what you think is wrong.
Do you mean the the vertical arrows are not in the centre of the torus
arrows?

If that is the case, you might get a better idea of your scene if you do
a render from the top, front and side. To adjust the translations and
see what is happening.

Another thing that might be confusing is PovRay's coordinate system.
Normally the Y axis is up. Some other programs use the Z axis for up.

--

Regards
     Stephen