POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 25 years of POVRay : Re: 25 years of POVRay Server Time
3 May 2024 03:37:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 25 years of POVRay
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Nov 2016 12:16:53
Message: <5820b705$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 06:56:08 -0500, Mike Horvath wrote:

> On 11/4/2016 3:09 AM, LanuHum wrote:
>> Happy Birthday, POVRay!
>>

> I don't think I used POV-Ray before 3.6 whenever that was. The early
> 2000s?
>
> Mike

I remember having a conversation with Chris Cox a few years back, and he
pulled an entry from the libraries section of CompuServe with a
description of one of my first rendered images - a cribbage board showing
a hand with a perfect 29 score (the playing cards were scanned in using a
scanner my employer's marketing department had - it was a pretty big deal
to get them scanned in).

I kinda wish I still had the source files, but I'm pretty sure they're
long since lost.

Jim