POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Losing the ability to POV... : Losing the ability to POV... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Losing the ability to POV...
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 7 Nov 2016 08:46:27
Message: <582085b3@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

For quite a long time I did hardly anything POV-Ray-related than just
manually editing the Kabul 1:100,000 heightfield or, more recently,
collecting high-resolution OpenTopMap tiles for a more advanced version
of that heightfield...

...and now, I want to re-create a level from the Amiga game
"Rock'n'Roll" in POV-Ray (of course for animating it from the ball's
perspective later on...) - and fail already at the very first step,
which is creating a layered texture for a sky_sphere (or, simpler as not
involving UV_mapping, for six planes forming a cubic space).

The lowermost layer consist of equally spaced squares - so I thought
using the boxed pigment would be appropriate. But... whatever I try, I
always only get uniform black!

Is it an idiosyncrasy of 3.7? Or do I simple lose the general ability to
do anything sensible with POV-Ray?

Here is the code:

#declare P_Cubic_Division_Blue_Layer_1=
pigment