POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 25 years of POVRay : 25 years of POVRay Server Time
3 May 2024 09:33:31 EDT (-0400)
  25 years of POVRay
From: David Buck
Date: 3 Nov 2016 21:26:22
Message: <581be3be$1@news.povray.org>
I was just thinking that it's been 25 years since POVRay was created
based on DKBTrace.  When DKBTrace was first released, I was 24 years
old.  I was 29 when we released POVRay 1.0.  I'm now 54 years old and
POVRay is still going.

It's always fun watching what POV artists can do with the tool.  I still
use myself it from time to time.  In fact, I recently used POVRay to
render tiles in a game I'm developing for Android and iOS devices.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to render any 25 year celebration
pictures.  I'd like to see what you can come up with.

Post them in povray.binaries.images. I'll monitor that newsgroup for a
while as well as povray.general.

Happy Birthday, POVRay.

Thanks,
David K(irk) Buck