POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help needed with the focal blur module : Re: Help needed with the focal blur module Server Time
17 May 2024 04:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with the focal blur module
From: Alain
Date: 17 Oct 2016 19:24:04
Message: <58055d94@news.povray.org>

> Thanks Alain for that, I was able to fix the breaking of bars with the MIN
> bound!
>
> Can you help with the other doubt? All my scene parameters (for eg. distances of
> objs from camera, their thickness etc.) are in terms of focal length . How do I
> know the focal length of POVRay's camera, and set 'f' as a parameter and use it
> to define all other scene distances? And how to set camera aperture in terms of
> f-number?

I can't give you a definite answer, but, here's my interpretation :

The "f" parameter could be seen as the ratio between the length of the
direction vector and the apperture value. It don't mather if that plane
is in front or beheind the camera's location, just the absolute values
count.

The focal length could be seen as the length of the direction vector.

The location of the camera is the optical center of the virtual lense.
(as mentioned by clipca)