POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rounded_objects: a new feature? : Re: rounded_objects: a new feature? Server Time
17 May 2024 19:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded_objects: a new feature?
From: scott
Date: 20 Sep 2016 06:27:17
Message: <57e10f05$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/09/2016 10:04, John Greenwood wrote:

>>> And here it is:
>>
>> A good start!
>>
>> How would you go about doing the union (or difference) of two rounded
>> cubes? I tried to modify the code to do this but couldn't get it to
>> work. If that works nicely then I think you're on to something...
>>
>> BTW you could always use a macro for each element, that depending on
>> some global switch, either used the standard POV non-rounded primitive
>> (for speed of setting up the scene) or the isosurface variant (for final
>> render).
>
> Excellent idea.
>
> And here are unions:

Looks good.

Just one small thing though, it looks like something odd is going on
with the top (+y) face of the cube and also the join with that face and
the sphere (maybe related). There is a "ridge" of some kind along the
join, and the entire top face of the cube bends upwards way before the
round should start (see attached).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'union.png' (37 KB)