POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Wavefront OBJ import : Re: Wavefront OBJ import Server Time
28 Apr 2024 06:02:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavefront OBJ import
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Sep 2016 04:08:40
Message: <57dba888$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16/09/2016 à 00:34, Jim Holsenback a écrit :
> On 9/15/2016 12:59 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>>>
>>> it's been added http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Lemon
>>>
>>> looks like the opening paragraph could use some help so I also created a
>>> talk page as well: http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Lemon
>>>

>> Thanks. I've attempted some descriptive text at:
>>
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Lemon
>
> a combination of both: http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Lemon

I really liked the passage about the american football and other real
evocations. It gave flesh to the description.

The constraint on minimal inner_radius is really a dangerous beast:

If base & cap radius are both 0, the inner_radius must be at least half
the distance between base and cap point (it would be a sphere)

So, as stated, the doc is false.

If base & cap radius are identical, the minimal inner_radius would be
sqrt( radius² + (distance/2)² ) , where distance is the length between
base and cap points.

when base & cap radius are different, it become nightmare (the exact
equation is in the code, if you dare to want to know it).