POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : looks_like : Re: looks_like Server Time
12 May 2024 01:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looks_like
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 Sep 2016 10:38:30
Message: <57d960e6@news.povray.org>
Le 14/09/2016 à 16:09, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> The
>> pigment is also used in the other finish features, which are related to
>> reflection of light from somewhere else, where values above 1 make no
>> physical sense.
>
> Does that include fluorescence, such as the widespread use of optical
> brighteners in laundry detergents and printer paper?

Azurant... convert UV-radiation (invisible) into visible spectrum
(usually by doubling the wavelength). Black light is using the same system.

IMHO, you would need a non-diagonal matrix as pigment instead of a
vector to model such things (one column/row per wavelength) and a wider
vector for the light itself... and at the end, the camera collapse the
wider vector into the RGB value for the picture format.

Our traditional pigment would just be a pure diagonal matrix (everything
out of the main diagonal is 0).