POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray features : Re: Povray features Server Time
30 Apr 2024 18:48:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray features
From: clipka
Date: 14 Sep 2016 08:39:49
Message: <57d94515@news.povray.org>
Am 14.09.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Berserk:

> So after a little research I found answers to most questions.
> The only 2 questions still unanswered are:
>
> 1) Can a raster image be used as a sound? (maybe like a spectrum or so) (I don't
> know)

Since POV-Ray doesn't use sounds, the obvious answer is "No" -- not as
far as POV-Ray itself is concerned.

You may find external pieces of software that can convert images to
sounds, but that's an entirely different thing then.

> 2) Can a video be used as a texture for a 3D surface? (I don't know)

There used to be experimental code to use frames of a video as textures,
but that code is currently defunct. You'd have to export the video as a
series of images, render the scene as an animation that loads the
corresponding image for each frame, and finally convert the resulting
sequence of images to a video again.