POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blob Potential Pattern : Re: Blob Potential Pattern Server Time
10 May 2024 09:04:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob Potential Pattern
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Sep 2016 08:00:48
Message: <57d93bf0$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/12/2016 04:14 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 11.09.2016 um 20:54 schrieb clipka:
>> Work in progress.
>
> Source code available now here:
>
> https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/tree/feature/potential_pattern
>
> Integration into POV-Ray proper to follow later.

Been playing a bit more. Potential {Blob} with densities and normals
works. An Isosurface as the pattern for a pigment_map.

The isosurface flavor is for me working pretty much as a path to the
isosurface function. Contained_by_box not having any effect that I can
see - meaning the container doesn't cut off the result from the function.

Perhaps how I've coded, but also seeing no effect from the new polarity
option of isosurface or the threshold on/off option of the potential
pattern. Not looked at the code as yet.

With media I tried a multi component blob as both the container and what
was defining the density - really fast with emitting media. Should make
for a good "glows" feature among other uses.

Bill P.