POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! : Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! Server Time
18 May 2024 17:07:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please!
From: clipka
Date: 13 Sep 2016 13:09:45
Message: <57d832d9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2016 um 16:29 schrieb LanuHum:

>>> :(
>>> If I uncommented Py_Finalize(), application crash when the command Py_Finalize()
>>> run. If I do not use the import of bpy, the application lives
>>
>> Have you finished your other homework yet?
>>

> No. To learn your lesson, I started from scratch. I started all over again.
> I wrote a single function.
> The function must import the module, clean it and write "Hello World".

> Where is the "Hello World"?

Take even another step back: Write a program that does _not_ try to run
Python at all, and instead just outputs "Hello World" to the standard
output stream.

How exactly are you running the program in the first place? What is this
"Konsole"? Why is it writing "Blender quit" when you're testing a
self-made program?

In MS Visual Studio, if I simply run a "Hello World" program by hitting
F5, I never see the output because the output window is closed as soon
as the program exits.

If you have a similar problem, make sure that your program reads a
character from standard input at the end, so that you need to press a
key before the window closes.