POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blob Potential Pattern : Re: Blob Potential Pattern Server Time
9 May 2024 21:01:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob Potential Pattern
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 13 Sep 2016 11:51:58
Message: <57d8209e$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/12/2016 04:14 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 11.09.2016 um 20:54 schrieb clipka:
>> Work in progress.
>
> Source code available now here:
>
> https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/tree/feature/potential_pattern
>
> Integration into POV-Ray proper to follow later.

     pigment {
       potential { BLOB | ISOSURFACE }
       [ threshold BOOL ]
       [ PIGMENT_MODIFIERS... ]
     }

Looking just at simple blob so far I see a few things.

1) Wondering it the option [threshold BOOL] should be inside the
potential block syntactically?

1a) I could not seem to get the threshold option to function.

2) See attached image. I think the potential value is turning on filter
and/or transmit as the value approaches 1.0. We should not be able to
see the green y axis below the plane.

3) See attached image. Something odd is going on with the shadows cast
over the >0 blob potential areas - and where the strength is set to 1
especially.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'potentialaspigment.png' (90 KB) Download 'potentialaspigment.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'potentialaspigment.png'
potentialaspigment.png