POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spherical camera upside-down : Re: Spherical camera upside-down Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:58:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical camera upside-down
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2016 18:58:46
Message: <57d1ed26$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.09.2016 um 00:00 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> The camera is spherical. Do I really need to scale the "up" and "right"
> vectors to the image dimensions? I was under the impression that the
> spherical camera already automatically fills a 2:1 aspect ratio image.

My bad, I didn't pay much attention to the camera type.

Having had a closer look at the source code, here's my updated
(counter-intuitive) advice:

- To mirror the image vertically, flip the _right_ vector.
- To mirror the image horizontally, flip the _up_ vector.
- To mirror the image vertically _and_ turn the camera 180 degrees, flip
the direction vector.

Entirely untested, but that's what I infer from the source code.